The Cypher Spot is a Christ-centered 501(c)3 Non-Profit dance and art studio based in Hawthorne CA. We have been providing a safe and creative environment for students to learn and develop their gifts and talents since 2016. We are focused on using the elements of Hip Hop and street culture to bring glory to God, while witnessing the Gospel to the communities around us.
We believe in a God of excellence who has provided us with gifts, skills, and talents to further His kingdom. Our hope is to nurture and strengthen these gifts while providing a comfortable and welcoming environment for everyone who takes a step in our studio. Our purpose is to create a space where children can learn to create, without the financial stress upon their families that comes with traditional dance and art studios. To maintain our affordable pricing and high quality teaching, we partner with local churches, the community, and businesses. We are God’s family and everyone should have the opportunity to be a part of it.
Colossians 3:17: And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
16 Principles of The Cypher Spot
1. GOD: We believe that we were created by God. God is loving and just and asks that in whatever we do we bring glory to His name.
2. JESUS: We believe that we are all sinners and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23) but God has provided reconciliation for our sin through the death and resurrection of His Son, Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 5:18-21)
3. HOLY SPIRIT: We believe that Jesus has called us to reach out to all nations with His love and knowledge and the Holy Spirit gives us the power to do so (Matthew 18-20)
4. LOVE: We believe in love. We believe that we are called to love no matter the issue. (John 15:12) (1 Peter 4:8)
5. FAITH and SCRIPTURE: We believe in the Holy Scripture of the Bible and take it as God's Word (2 Timothy 3:16). Through the Bible we can know God and build our faith in Him.
6. SERVICE: We believe that God has provided us with gifts and strengths not to boast and use them in vein but rather be good stewards of God's grace serving one another. (1 Peter 4:9-11)
7. COMMUNITY: We believe that God has called us to participate in each other's lives, stir up one another to love and good works, and to fellowship with one another. (Hebrews 10:24-25)
8. PRAYER: We believe in direct communication with God. We believe in praying with and for one another. Giving thanks and praise and expressing hopes and desires. (Philippians 4:6) (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
9. JOY and LAUGHTER: We believe in having fun together. We believe that joy and laughter is great medicine. (Proverbs 17:22)
10. GENEROSITY: We believe that it is more blessed to give than to receive. (Acts 20:35)
11. KINDNESS: We believe that kindness goes quite far. We believe in showing love to all, specially those who don't expect it. We believe in forgiveness as Christ forgave us (Ephesians 4:32)
12. COMPASSION: We believe in living life with you and with that comes understanding your pain and comforting you in it (2 Corinthians 1:3-4)
13. FAVOR: We see how far we have come and know that we wouldn't be anywhere if it wasn't for God's favor over us.
14. FREEDOM: We believe that through Christ we are called to freedom but we should use this freedom to better serve and love one another. (Galatians 5:13)
15. PROGRESSION: We believe in being 'doers' not just 'hearers'. (James 1:22)
16. CREATIVITY: We believe that we were created in the image of God and are called to create and to do whatever we do in the name of Christ bring glory to God. (Colossians 3:17)